Saturday, November 4, 2017

after 'fest

With a change of hour the light gets weird.  It's lighter earlier in the morning, but then darker in the evening, and to be honest I prefer a darker morning.  Eases me into the day, or something.  So, a nice dark beer will help me deal with the night.  Ayinger Altbairisch Dunkel isn't a stout or porter, but things aren't always completely black.
Such a lovely scene
It's very bubbly with sort of a root beer candy color, not very heady.  The smell is sweet and tangy, promising malty goodness.  The taste is actually very mild, just very slightly sweet in fact.  If I didn't know better, I might think it was a particularly mellow root beer.  If any flavor stands out it's the sweet, which makes me feel like I need a pretzel snack.  The level of sweetness develops over time, picking up the malty feel.  It's a quiet and laid-back beer, good for swallowing many glasses of, over a pool table perhaps.
Or in front of the bar at 9am.  The Bavarian way!

Supplier: Ruta 33cl
Price: €2.65

No comments:

Post a Comment